Sunday, June 25, 2006

Block Party 06

June 9th, I decided to kick off the summer by throwing a huge party for Fuel Student Ministries. Since the kids got out of school Thursday, we really wanted to keep the momentum going for the summertime. So we "partied like it was 1999." (prince) The kids had a blast & so did I!


Did you know?

We had over 200 kids show up? Thankfully, we had tons of food and drinks for all you growing boys & girls out there. We also started something new which is a snack bar inside. The snacks are available during Fuel for $1 or less. There's all kinds of candy and sugar for the kids to munch on. I also set up our new volleyball net, which the girls (some guys too) seemed to enjoy. We also had the biggest homemade slip & slide ever. 100 ft. of pure fun and slipperiness, if that's a word. We set it up in the church yard, poured dishsoap all over it, wet it down, and watched the entertainment. I've never seen so many kids eat dirt in all my life, but it was a good time. It took awhile for some of them to get it down, but I think everyone had fun. It was also good because now that school's out, I think some of them were slacking in the shower department. (just kidding)

Getting you guys away from the slip and slide was a chore. Once we did, we had a great time of worship, and we had some good stupid videos too. Some of you need to see what you look like during worship, there's some scary mugs up in there. You know I love you anyway!



Something I want you to think about is that worship is not just on Friday nights @ Fuel, it is also a way of life. You can worship wherever you're at. I hope you understand that no matter what you may be going through, it is good to worship God @ all times.

But here's a sweet pic from on stage during our praise & worship. I just want thank my Fuel peeps for coming to the Block Party and making this bash a blast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home